A Few Life Lessons
It seems fitting that since today is Teachy Thursday I teach you something. However, I want to reflect on some things I have learned.
Recently, I have a lot less to say. This may seem strange since my blog name seems to suggest that I always have a word or two. This is what stress does to you, or just me. When things in my life are crazy I shut down. I crawl into my “fix it hole” and try to make sense of my predicament. My situation was not just one problem, it was many. When all these problems came to light, my introverted side kicked into high gear and into my hole I went, never to return.
Did I fix anything? No. Did I learn anything? Plenty.
- My priorities are not in proper order. I feel neglected important things. I hope I can make up for the loss.
- I learned that while running, a smile means everything. However, it doesn’t matter what you are doing, a smile at any point in your life, can mean a difference.
- A laugh from a child, when things seem at their lowest, can make the world a touch brighter. (remember people, I am a nanny.)
- Support from those you love, even though they know you’ ve completely lost your sanity, is all the encouragement you need.
- I’ve never known anything more important than family, friends, and that special someone.
- I truly miss the love of a dog. I’ve learned to never take for granted a single doggy kiss.
- Never take for granted the value of honesty.
- I’ve learned that though I love to procrastinate, it isn’t the best idea.
- A penny saved, is a penny earned – except when you find you have no pennies.
- I often say or write down things I plan to do, only to never achieve.
- Always listen to your body, instincts, and mind, but never be afraid to push yourself beyond your means.
- Never underestimate the power of music. It can drive the soul to heal and succeed.
So far, I have learned so much. What’s great, is that the year isn’t over with.
This concludes my lesson for Teachy Thursday. I hope that I passed on some knowledge and you can learn, just like myself.